How You Know It’s Time to Talk to an Attorney
- Were you or a loved one in a car accident that was someone else’s fault?
- Not sure how to get health care or how your medical bills are going to get paid?
- Is the insurance company scheming and trying to compensate you less because you are waiting to hire an attorney?
- Has the corporation or person that crashed into you failed to take financial responsibility?
- Unsure how to get your property damages paid for?
- Is the evidence that proves your case wasting away or being lost or worse destroyed?
- Afraid the insurance company will take advantage of you, give you the run-around, and refuse to pay you what you are owed?
- Does the legal system seem complicated, overwhelming, or tilted against you?
- Do you feel lost, unsure of what to do next, don’t know how to pay for an attorney, or worried that an attorney will not keep you informed?
We know what it feels like to feel frustrated, confused, and uncertain about you and your family’s future. You don’t have to feel like a victim. Regain control. Stand up for you and your family. Put us to work for you.
Car Accidents Happen Every Minute
Thousands of car accidents happen on Texas roads each year. According to Texas Department of Public Transportation statistics there is a car accident every single minute and a car accident that causes one injury occurs every 2 minutes and 4 seconds.
Types of Car Accidents
At our firm, we have helped clients injured in all sorts of crashes, including:
McAllen Car Accidents Attorney
Oftentimes after a car accident, people worry about the future. As medical bills pile up, many accident victims cannot return to work and are afraid they will be unable to support their families. Fortunately, help is here. The Julian C. Gomez Law Firm represents injured motorists to help them recover from the party responsible for their injuries. If you need compensation, please reach out to a today.
Compensation an Injured Motorist Can Receive
The purpose of filing a claim or lawsuit is to deter harmful conduct and compensate injured motorists for their economic and non-economic losses the harmful conduct caused. Economic losses include:
- Medical care to treat injuries. Our clients have received money to pay for surgeries, trips to the doctor, rehabilitation, prescription drugs, therapy, and devices like wheelchairs or crutches.
- Lost wages. If a motorist cannot return to work, they should not have to suffer from a reduced income. Instead, they can receive compensation for their lost wages.
- Property damage. A motorist can receive money to repair or replace their damaged vehicle.
Our clients have also qualified for certain non-economic losses, such as:
- Pain and suffering
- Mental anguish
- Loss of enjoyment of life
In the event of a death, family members may additionally receive compensation for:
- Pecuniary loss arising from the loss of the care, maintenance, support, services, advice, counsel, and reasonable contributions of a pecuniary value they would have received if the deceased had lived
- Loss of companionship and society
- Past and Future Mental Anguish
- Pain and mental anguish the deceased experienced before his death
- Medical expenses for care the deceased received as a result of his accident
- Loss of inheritance
- Funeral and burial expenses
To receive compensation for a car accident involving another driver, our clients must show that the other driver is at fault. Another term for fault is “negligence,” which means a lack of due care. Another driver can be negligent in many ways, such as:
- Driving while intoxicated or under the influence of drugs
- Driving while distracted, such as sending or reading a text message
- Driving aggressively, by tailgating, illegally passing, speeding, or cutting someone off
- Driving selfishly, by failing to yield
- Driving carelessly, by failing to look in the rearview mirror while backing up
- Driving at excessive speeds
Every car accident is different. But when a driver has behaved negligently, and has injured you in the process, you can bring a claim for compensation.
Proving a Vehicle Defect
To receive compensation for a car accident caused by a vehicle defect, or for injuries made worse by a vehicle defect, our clients must show that the vehicle or component part was defective. A vehicle defect can occur with the vehicle’s tires, seatbelts, windows, and airbags.
If you or a family member has been injured or killed as a result of a car accident involving a vehicle defect, you can bring a claim for compensation.
Speak to an Experienced McAllen Car Accidents Attorney Today
If you or a loved one has been involved in a car accident in McAllen, please contact us right away. Your choice of attorney matters enormously, making the difference between receiving a fair settlement for your losses or receiving nothing.
You have little time to lose, so please pick up a phone and call The Julian C. Gomez Law Firm today. Our office offers a free initial consultation to injured motorists, so you risk nothing by calling.
We’ll value your time, explain the process, and be honest with you to a fault.
We’ll stand up to the
financially responsible party and not let you be taken advantage of.
We’ll be in this together. We do not get paid unless you are compensated.
Free Case Evaluation
Julian is the best example of what it means to be an excellent attorney. Following an automobile accident in which I lost my entire family, he fought my case and not only won, but was able to get a just compensation. I am very grateful to him and recommend him highly for his honesty and kindness throughout the case.
We are very thankful for you. You helped us a lot….You were fair with us and treated us with respect….You treated us like family….I could not ask for more….You really gave me a lot of strength….I would recommend Julian. Good people.
Catastrophic Personal Injury
Julian was a great help. He and his team did a wonderful job. I would totally recommend Julian. Without [Julian’s] help, you are not going to get what you deserve…. My life was not looking good…. [Now,] I realize that this is all possible because of what you guys did for me…. God Bless you guys.
We will evaluate your case for free. The no-obligation call is confidential and costs you nothing.
Become a Client
In person or online, we will do our best to make becoming a client easy for you.
We’ll Go To Work for You
We’ll help you navigate the legal system. We do not get paid unless you are compensated.
How Do I Know If I Have A Good Case?
No one can promise you that you have a good case. If they do, get it in writing. Because we work on a contingency fee basis—which means that we do not get paid unless you get com pensated—we only handle cases that we believe are economically viable…
How Long Will My Case Take?
Just like every child is different, every case is different. Some cases can take as little as a few weeks, while others can take years, even decades. Unfortunately, there is no simple answer or hard and fast rules…
What If I Can’t Pay for an Attorney Upfront?
To get started, you pay us nothing up front. If we lose, you owe us nothing. We are contingency fee lawyers, which means that we don’t get paid unless we you get compensated for your injury or loss…